有人闖進我們家

字號:


    A I don't want to go upstairs. We should call the police.He might still be in the house. And what if he has a gun?
    我不要上樓,我們應該報警。他可能還在屋子里,萬一他有槍呢?
    B Alright, maybe you're right. But did you have any valuables upstairs?
    好吧,也許你是對的。但是你樓上有什么值錢的東西嗎?
    A Like what?
    譬如是什么?
    B Did you have any cash, expensive jewelry, or anything like that?
    現(xiàn)金、昂貴的珠寶,或是任何像那樣的東西?
    A No. I mean, of course I have jewelry, but nothing really expensive.
    沒有。當然我有珠寶,但是不怎么昂貴。
    B It's strange. I just wonder what he wanted to steal.Because I don't see anything missing down here. Let's call the police.
    奇怪了,我在猜他想偷什么。因為我沒看到這里有任何東西不見了。我們報警吧。
    A What's the number?
    電話幾號?
    B I don't know. Just dial 911.That's the general emergency number. They will connect you to the police.
    不知道,就打 911。那是一般緊急情況的電話,他們會轉給警察。
    A Hello. Please connect me to the police.
    喂,請幫我接警察。
    B Police department.
    警察局。
    A Yes, hello. My house has been broken into.
    喂,有人闖進我們家。
    B What's your address, Ma'am?
    請問你的地址是?
    A 1414 East Maple Road. Monroe.
    門羅市楓樹東路 1414 號。
    B Alright. We will send someone right away.Do you have reason to believe the intruder may still be in the house?
    好的,我們馬上派人過去。你有什么理由相信侵入者還在屋子里嗎?
    A No, I think he is gone. But I don't know. I didn't go upstairs.
    我認為他走了。但是我不確定,我還沒上樓。
    B That's smart. The best thing is to wait just outside until an officer arrives.
    很聰明,最好就在外面等警察來。
    A Thank you.
    謝謝你。
    B Someone should be there in a couple minutes.
    幾分鐘后就會有人到那里。