我來幫你搞定

字號:

Don:It's not too late! She's still here. Get back over there.
    唐:現在還不遲!她還在那里。再回那邊去吧。
    Herbert: I can't. Anyway, her 1) interests are completely 2) different from mine.
    赫伯特: 我不行。反正,她的興趣跟我完全不同。
    Don: How do you know?
    唐:你怎么知道。
    Herbert: I talked about baseball and heavy metal. She was bored.
    赫伯特: 我提到棒球跟重金屬。她覺得無聊。
    Don: What does she do?
    唐:她是做什么的?
    Herbert: She's a piano teacher. Her name is Rose.
    赫伯特: 她鋼琴老師。她的名字是柔絲。
    Don: OK. Let me 3) handle this.
    唐:好吧。我來幫你搞定。
    Herbert: Don, what are you doing? Oh, no.
    赫伯特: 唐,你在干嘛?唉??!不要啦!
    語言詳解
    A: You should tell Matt that you cheated on him.
    你應該告訴麥特你背著他搞外遇。
    B: It's a confession that I don't think he can handle.
    這樣的告白我想他無法承受。
    「Let me handle this. 讓我來處理」
    當別人束手無策,或是沒辦法完成一件事,而你想把整件事扛下來時,就可以說這句話。
    A: The boss is coming! He's going to be angry!
    老板來了!他要發(fā)脾氣了!
    B: Let me handle this. I know the boss really well.
    讓我來處理。我很了解老板。
    還有另外一種情況是,別人說要把一件事攬下來,但你不確定這個人是不是真能辦到,就可以問Could you handle it? 你能處理嗎?
    A: I'll watch the office while you're at lunch.
    你出去吃午飯時,我會看好辦公室。
    B: Sure. If you can handle it.
    假如你能處理的話當然好。
    1) interest (n.) 興趣,喜好
    2) different from…… 與……不同
    3) handle (v.) 處理,掌控