今天晚上蠻冷的

字號:

Herbert: Oh, that's 1) music to my ears.
    赫伯特: 噢,這話聽起來真是太悅耳了。
    Rose: It's really 2) chilly tonight.
    柔絲: 今天晚上蠻冷的。
    Herbert: Here, why don't you have my 3) jacket.
    赫伯特: 來,披上我的外套。
    Rose: Oh, thanks, Herb.
    柔絲: 謝謝你,赫伯。
    Herbert: Maybe I can put my arm around you……
    赫伯特: 或許我該摟著你……
    語言詳解
    A: Here, try this jacket on.
    來,穿這件夾克試試。
    B: OK, just let me take off my sweater first.
    好,先讓我把毛衣脫掉。
    「That's music to my ears. 我最愛聽這種話了」
    這句話的意思就是That's what I like to hear. 表示對方說的話,正好是自己喜歡聽的,一如天籟般的悅耳。
    A: I heard you're finishing up your dissertation this month.
    聽說你們行銷計劃這個月就可以寫完。
    B: Ahhh. Say that again. That's music to my ears.
    你再說一次。這話聽起來真是太悅耳了。
    1) music (n.) 音樂,對話里指的是“悅耳的話”。
    2) Chilly (a.) 寒冷的
    3) jacket (n.) 短上衣,外套