慢速生活英語口語廣播10:工作中的背景差異(MP3下載)

字號:

diversity at work工作中的背景差異
    Dialog
    英語情景對話
    Jeff: What were you and Richard talking about earlier? It looked intense.
    男:早些時候你跟理查德在談論什么,氣氛看起來有點僵呀
    Lucy: Yeah, Richard said something to me that I didn't appreciate.
    女:噢,他進了些讓我不喜歡的事
    Jeff: Oh, no. I know how insensitive he can be. What has he done now?
    男:不會吧,我知道他這個人常常無禮又無知,今天他怎么又做這種事了?
    Lucy: He asked me how long it took me to learn English.
    女:他問我學習英語多少年了
    Jeff: But, you were born and raised in California!
    男:啊,你可是土生土長的加利福尼亞人呀
    Lucy: Yeah, but I get that sometimes. It doesn't matter how many generations my family has lived in the U.S., we'll always
    be foreigners in their eyes.
    女:我算是明白了,無論我家有幾代人在美國生活過,在有些人的眼里,我們永遠是外國人
    Jeff: What a racist! How can you stand working with the guy?
    男:真是個種族分子!你如何能忍受與這樣的家伙同事
    Lucy: You know, Richard isn't such a bad guy. He made the comment out of ignorance, not malice.
    女:你知道的,理查德這個人不壞。他說這些話就是出于無知,而非惡意
    Jeff: So, what did you say when he asked you how long it took you to learn English?
    男:那么當他問你學了多久英語的時候,你是如何回答他的
    Lucy: I told him 28 years. And, he knows I'm 28 years old since I just celebrated my birthday last week. He was puzzled for a minute, and then he got it.
    女:我告訴他28年了。他顯然知道我也才28歲因為上周我剛慶賀過我的生日。他一聽愣了一下,隨后就明白我什么意思了。
    Jeff: Are you sure he really got the message?
    男:你確信他明白了?
    Lucy: Yeah, I'm pretty sure since I then asked him how long it took him to learn English.
    女:是的,當我問他學習英語多久的時候,我就確信他明白我的意思了
    Jeff: That's hilarious! What did he say?
    男:真爽,他怎么回答的
    Lucy: He said, "36 years," and we both laughed about it. He apologized and now, it's all good.
    女:他說,36年了。我們倆接著就都笑了。他為剛才的事道歉,現(xiàn)在一切都挺好
    Jeff: I'm glad. I bet he won't make that mistake again.
    男:我覺得挺好。我相信他不應該再犯類似的錯誤了。